Monday, November 06, 2006

Evil White Board

I was in a meeting at work this morning and a dry erase board fell off the wall and onto my head. A coworker accidentally popped it off the wall when he leaned back in his chair. It was a heavy board and it didn't feel very good. I also felt a pain in my neck as it impacted my noggin. Because it was a head injury my employer wanted to err on the safe side, an ambulance came and carted me off on a stretcher. I had to wear a neck brace and they strapped me to a board. I was in the ER for over 4 hours and they performed a cat scan. Luckily no major damage was done and I should live. The worst part was wearing that uncomfortable neck brace the whole time until they could conclude that I didn't have a spinal injury. Also, since I could not get up I had to pee in a bed pan while laying on my back. I had to go so badly that I was afraid it would overflow but luckily it didn't. I'm not looking forward to how I will feel tomorrow morning.
Jamie made up a song for the events of the day and played it on his guitar, he titled it, "Evil White Board."



11 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

YIKES! Sorry to hear about the injury.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even today i am still laughing at your story telling. i hope you didn't hurt too much today.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs. V said...

My poor baby....kiss, kiss, kiss.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to know that you are feeling a lot better today. That must've been a very alarming moment for you and all your co-workers. Glad Jamie snapped some photos for rememberance. It was rather worrisome for me. Love Dad.

10:16 PM  
Blogger titi said...

I hope you are feeling your usual self by now! That must have been a suprise to all around. Thank goodness for your good humor! You look good even in the neck brace, dear goddaughter.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jamie Ryan said...

Baby, I was glad that I was able to be there for you, care for you and be with you through this difficult day....

5:04 PM  
Blogger eileen said...

MJ, I'm glad you're OK because now I can laugh at the photos without feeling guilty :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie Ryan said...

Everyone cross your fingers and pray. Maria is going to be near that EVIL WHITE BOARD today.......

7:59 AM  
Blogger titi said...

Thanks for letting us know what is going on Jamie. Our prayers are with my Goddaughter.

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch where you sit, for sure keep away from that mean white board.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home